Frequently Asked Questions
How does remote consulting work?
Here's how I go about creating your finished solution:
1) Send me a description of what you need doing via a quotation request or give me a call. Send any files you think would be useful in explaing the work. If any data is to be used in the files please include all of it if possible, if not then at least a representative example of it.
2) Generally it's best to discuss the project by phone so I will review your request and call you, though we can communicate via email if you prefer. I'll usually contact you within a few hours of your request. If you're unsure of what you need I can help talk through your project and make some useful suggestions.
3) Once a clear scope is identified I'll send you a written quotation right away showing you the cost and how long it will take to create your solution.
4) If you like what you see, great! Just reply to the quotation and I'll schedule your work as soon as possible. If you have any queries first or would like to tweak the scope just let me know and I'll work through the changes with you. The time required to complete a project varies but for small jobs you'll usually have your completed files within a few days.
5) If you are a business owner or employee acting on behalf of your employer I'll usually invoice the business after the work is complete and you're completely happy with the file. If your request is for a personal project I may ask for an advance payment. Either way you're protected by my satisfaction guarantee.
6) Once the file is ready I'll send it to you. Usually any instructions are included in the file for users to see as they work in the document. For more complex solutions I may write a seperate admin guide. I'll invite you to test all the features at your convenience and will be available to offer support and advice.
7) When you've had a good chance to test everything let me know you're happy. That's the best part of my job! I'd really appreciate it if you get back to me within a week to let me know everything is OK, but in any event my satisfaction guarantee gives you up to 30 days to do this.
I'm not sure what I'm asking for is possible! Can you help?
Of course, I'd be happy to. I often find customers aren't aware of all the possibilites and they're often delighted when I suggest the seemingly impossible! Simply request a free consultation and I'll work through a scope with you.
Do you offer free help?
Once in a while I might but unfortunately I have to pay the bills just like everyone else, so generally no, sorry! I have lots of tips for using Excel in the Tips Blog if you're the DIY type.
Do you support MacOS?
Yes I do, though please be advised there is limited support on the Mac for VBA (the coding language that lets me do the really cool stuff) so there are occassionally limits to what can be achieved but I'll do my very best to accomodate your request and be completely honest if I feel the objectives are unrealistic. Don't let that put you off though - I've produced some great spreadsheets for the Mac! I can also design cross platform solutions if you have a mixture of operating systems in your workplace.
What forms of payment do you take?
I accept all major credit and debit cards via Paypal. A PayPal account is not required. If you prefer to pay by bank transfer please contact me by email.
Do you only work in Excel?
No, I have expertise in a number of Microsoft and other packages. If your solution requires another application I'll suggest it. I can also interface with other types of files, SQL server databases and many websites. I have good design skills too so you can be sure your solution will look the part.
My data is sensitive, are you willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement?
Yes, I work with commercially sensitive and confidential data all the time. If you don't have your own NDA I can supply you with a generic one. Additionally, you can find
My question isn't listed
Contact me or leave a comment below and I'll do my best to answer your query.